INGREDIENT REPORTING IS COMPLICATED.
LET US SIMPLIFY IT.
As of January 1, 2020, a new ingredient transparency law (CA SB-258 Cleaning Product Right to Know Act of 2017) requires all cleaning products sold in California to provide highly detailed online reporting on a variety of chemical attributes, components, and health and environmental impacts.
CLEAR. ACCURATE. TRANSPARENT.
Green Seal® can help you navigate complex regulatory requirements to translate your ingredient list into clear, accurate and meaningful ingredient labels using our signature Formula Facts® label template.
Whether or not your product is Green Seal-certified, we offer a one-stop-shop that takes the headache out of creating accurate online and on-product ingredient labels for your products.
Explore an interactive sample label here.
WHY FORMULA FACTS®?
✓ Eliminate the need to learn intricate state reporting requirements or hire consultants.
✓ Leverage our scientific expertise and access to raw materials formula information.
✓ Get a clear, accurate label with a design that consumers recognize and trust.
✓ Get a standardized, shareable online solution for meeting new transparency regulations.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You provide your formulas, we do the rest. For certified products, we can draft your labels right now, with minimal additional information from you. Here’s how it works:
- Collect (non-Green Seal certified products only): You submit your formulations.
- Assemble: We produce Formula Facts® labels by:
- Confirming the certified formulations are up to date.
- Working with your raw material suppliers to obtain their formulas and permission to share relevant information (we already have formulas from more than 350 suppliers).
- Determining the correct chemical name and function for each CAS number, as well as its relative weight.
- Cross referencing 22 designated lists for chemicals of concern.
- Working with you to determine allowable confidentiality claims and level of disclosure.
- Publish: We publish online ingredient labels that can be linked and directly displayed on your website via an HTML Snippet, and provide multiple on-product label options to choose from.
- Update: We automatically update your labels to reflect changes in designated lists, raw materials, or the product formula.
WHY DOES IT MATTER?
In a marketplace crowded with misleading marketing claims about the composition of household products, consumers trust Green Seal’s reputation for integrity and expertise. While every company is required to report their ingredients, displaying a Formula Facts® ingredient label will showcase that your company has the highest level of commitment to accuracy and transparency.