LAUNDRY CARE PRODUCTS FOR HOUSEHOLD USE
Open for Public Comment:
- Green Seal is seeking your feedback on proposed revisions to prohibit PFAS.
- Please submit comments or questions to email@example.com by January 22, 2022.
GS-48 specifies performance requirements and environmental and health requirements for household laundry care products, such as concentration, reduced toxicity, biodegradability, and reduced and recyclable packaging. Companies can use GS-48 to guide their product development, and are invited to apply for Green Seal certification. The standard covers the following products labeled for household use:
- laundry detergent products
- stain and spot removers
- bleaches and fabric softeners
- anti-static and anti-wrinkle products
- fabric refreshers and prewash products
- laundry starch/sizing/fabric finish
- combination products that may serve several of these functions
A subset of these product categories includes bio-based products, and those containing enzymes and microorganisms. A comprehensive list of the product categories included in or excluded from GS-48 can be found in Appendix 1 of the standard.
Latest version: Edition 1.6, November 11, 2021