Standards in Development
Trash Bags and Can Liners (GS-60)
Summary: Green Seal is developing an environmental leadership standard for trash bags and can liners to reduce plastic pollution and carbon emissions. By verifying high-recycled-content or thin-gauge products that provide uncompromising performance, Green Seal can play a critical role in recognizing producers who are environmental leaders in their industry and providing buyers with reliable low-carbon options in this product category.
Status: Standard proposal in development.
Healthy Green Schools & Colleges
Summary: Healthy Schools Campaign and Green Seal are developing a standard for facility management practices for K-12 school districts and higher education institutions. To support facility management professionals operating with budget limitations, the Healthy Green Schools & Colleges standard prioritizes measures that can make a big impact without major capital investments.
Status: The public comment period closed on October 22, 2021. Green Seal is now reviewing stakeholder input.
Documents for Public Review
- Updated Revision Proposal
- Updated Revision Proposal with Tracked Changes
- Response to Comments
- Healthy Green Schools & Colleges Scorecard
As a Type I ecolabel, Green Seal develops and maintains standards within an open and transparent process, aligned with best practices in standard development. Green Seal welcomes comments from stakeholders and members of the public. Instructions for submitting comments are included within the proposal documents, available for download below.
PFAS Prohibition, Multi-Standard – Criteria Revision
Status: Public comment is open through January 22, 2022.
Documents for Public Review
- Revision Summary
- Full Revision Proposal
- Redlined Standard Documents
- Green Seal does not currently have any active upcoming revision projects to existing standards.
RECENTLY COMPLETED REVISIONS AND NEW STANDARDS
- Standard Withdrawal: Restaurants and Food Services (GS-55) (December 2021)
- Microbial-Based Cleaning Products - Criteria Revision (November 2021)
- New Criteria was issued on November 11
- Revised and New Criteria for Microbial-Based Cleaning Products
- Green Seal’s Response to Stakeholder Comments
- Stakeholder Comment, August 2021 – American Cleaning Institute
- Stakeholder Comment, August 2021 – Household & Commercial Products Association
- See all revision documents in Standards Documents Library
- Corrections and Clarifications Report (October 2021) Non-substantiative changes were made to GS-8, GS-37, GS-44, GS-48, GS-50, and GS-52.
- Paints, Coatings, Stains, and Sealers, GS-11, Edition 4.0 (September 2021)
- Standards Withdrawal: Coated Printing Paper (GS-10) (August 2021)
- Sanitary Paper Products, GS-1, Edition 6.4 (August 2021)
- Corrections and Clarifications Report (July 2021) Non-substantiative changes were made to GS-8, GS-11, GS-37, GS-41, GS-42, GS-44, GS-48, GS-50, GS-51, GS-52, and GS-53.
- Environmental Innovation, GS-20, Edition 2.1 (April 2021)
- Corrections and Clarifications Report (April 2021) Non-substantiative changes were made to GS-1, GS-8, GS-11, GS-37, GS-41, GS-42, GS-50, and GS-53. Additionally, all standards underwent non-substantiative changes to reference Green Seal’s updated Trademark Use Guidelines.
- Corrections and Clarifications Report (January 2021) Non-substantive changes were made to GS-11, GS-41, GS-42, GS-44, GS-50, GS-51, GS-52, and GS-53.
- Corrections and Clarifications Report (October 2020) Non-substantive changes were made to GS-8, GS-37, GS-41, GS-42, GS-44, GS-48, and GS-51.
- Hand Sanitizer Criteria Standard Criteria (September 2020)
Please visit our Library of Standards Documents for more information on these and other standard revisions.