Last updated: July 1, 2022
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who wish to access or use the Service.
These Terms do not apply if you are using the Formula Facts™ Application through the website https://formulafacts.greenseal.org, in which case the Terms and Conditions of that website apply.
By accessing or using the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you do not have permission to access the Service.
The Service and its original content, features, and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Green Seal, Inc. and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Green Seal, Inc.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Green Seal, Inc.
Green Seal, Inc. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Green Seal, Inc. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such third-party websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
Third Party Site Material
Our website content may include information, products or services provided by third parties on, linked to, or framed within, the site (“third party site material”), including product and service descriptions in the Green Seal Certified Directory. Third party site materials are the opinions and creations of the authors and/or owners identified in those materials. As such, we do not assume any responsibility or liability for any third party site material. Our publication of third party site material does not constitute our endorsement, warranty or guarantee of any information, instruction, opinion, products or services contained within the third party site material.
These Terms include your rights and responsibilities when accessing our application programming interface (the “API”) and related API documentation.
Green Seal, Inc. Results: All information received via the API regardless of its format. This includes, but is not limited to, product, services, and facility information contained in Green Seal’s Certified Directory (https://certified.greenseal.org/)
User: Any organization or individual who requests access to and uses the Green Seal, Inc. API.
API access key or API key: a unique code used to identify and authenticate an application or user on the Green Seal, Inc. API. It is provided by Green Seal, Inc. after a request was made as described i the terms below.
Green Seal’s Certified Directory (https://certified.greenseal.org/): a database organized under a single API gateway that contains all publicly available certified products, services, and facilities.
1. By accessing the Green Seal, Inc. API, the User accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms. Before using the Green Seal, Inc. API, the User must acknowledge and accept these Terms where the option is made available in the request form for an API Key.
2. We may amend these Terms and the other components of the Green Seal, Inc. publicly available data. We will do our best to notify API users of any modification to these terms where possible.
4. A User is considered to have been informed of amendments to these Terms once Green Seal, Inc. has communicated the changes via the email address provided by the User upon registration for an API-key.
5. The rights provided to the User in these Terms will be automatically revoked upon any breach by the User of the Terms.
Responsibilities and Use of the API
General API Provisions
1. To gain access to the API, Users will need to fill in the request form for an API Key. Green Seal, Inc. will grant API access keys based on the validity of each request and reserves the rights to reject requests. We aim at collecting only the minimum viable information for the sole purpose of managing and providing this Service.
3. API keys are confidential and are for use by the designated User only (non-transferable). They cannot be shared with any third parties, whether manually or via automated processes, unless with express agreement from Green Seal, Inc.
4. If you wish to terminate your use of the Green Seal, Inc. API, we request that you let us know so that we may disable the key. Any key inactive for an extended period of time might be automatically disabled. Green Seal, Inc. will make reasonable attempts to contact the User before disabling a key.
5. Green Seal, Inc. reserves the right to immediately disable and terminate individual API keys that are used to display data obtained via the Green Seal, Inc. API in contexts that are deemed unacceptable (e.g.: hateful, racist, or discriminatory), illegal or malicious.
6. Green Seal, Inc. reserves the right to blacklist IP addresses in case of malicious uses of its API and/or data.
Technical API Provisions
7. A single API key applies to a single implementation. The User needs to request a separate API key for every new implementation.
8. Green Seal, Inc. will provide the User with public technical documentation of the API, but will not provide technical support for Users’ implementations unless explicitly agreed in writing by both parties otherwise.
9. Green Seal, Inc. will log all uses of the API by the User for the purpose of monitoring service load and for the purpose of improving the API, and the User hereby authorizes Green Seal, Inc. to so monitor Service usage.
10. Green Seal, Inc. will potentially continue to upgrade the Green Seal, Inc. API by adding new features. Green Seal, Inc. will give notice of updates to the Users in a reasonably timely manner and will attempt to keep new versions of the API backwards-compatible. However, Green Seal, Inc. does not guarantee that the implementations of the User will continue to function after an upgrade.
11. Green Seal, Inc. may limit the number of calls or requests the User may send or receive through the API. Such a limit may be set by Green Seal, Inc. at any time to ensure even performance of the API to all Users.
12. The API User is expected to use Green Seal, Inc. results in a fair and responsible manner for the intended purpose described in the API request form. If such intended use was to change, the User shall notify Green Seal, Inc. immediately.
13. Green Seal, Inc. will attempt to flag to the User any potential data issue that may arise from invalid or incorrect data being made public. It requests the User’s collaboration if a specific erroneous dataset needs to be updated or taken offline.
14. API Documentation can be found here.
We may terminate or suspend your access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms — which by their nature should survive termination — shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Green Seal, Inc. and its licensees and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, or b) a breach of these Terms.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall Green Seal, Inc., nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third-party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non- infringement, or course of performance.
Green Seal, Inc. its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure, or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of District of Columbia, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.